New Leaf Press recently sent me a review copy of their new edition of Mornings & Evenings by Charles H. Spurgeon. This is a marvelous devotional with short, meaty reads for the start and end of your day. Better still, this new printing is accompanied by a very nice blank journal for your own devotional notes, favorite Bible verses, and more. I’ve got the book on my bedside table and have enjoyed rediscovering this excellent devotional tool from one of the most famous Reformed preachers of the 19th century. Spurgeon’s words still ring true and are powerfully relevant for us today. Mornings & Evenings is an ideal book for busy moms, providing a launching pad for breakfast and evening devotional discussions with children. I can already see this new copy will become as well-thumbed and enjoyed as the one my parents gave me when I was married 14 years ago.
In addition to Spurgeon’s devotional, New Leaf Press has two other great book sets available–and they are excellent gift ideas for Christmas. If you love history, be sure to check out Life of Washington and For You they Signed. My friend Kelly over at Generation Cedar reviewed this set last month, so you might want to check out what she had to say about it. And click on the book covers below for more information from New Leaf Press.
Finally, NLP has a set containing the Children’s Illustrated Story Bible with Passport to the World, which provides a glimpse into other cultures around the world, showing children how other kids live in far-flung places. Both are excellent tools for home learning and family study times.
The great news is that NLP has offered to give one LAF reader a free copy of any new book/journal set, simply for helping to spread the word about them! Here’s how to enter:
- Go to Inspire for Less for more information on the Children’s Illustrated Bible Package, the Life of Washington Package, and the Mornings & Evenings Devotional Package.
- Come back here and leave a comment, telling us which book package you’d like to receive if you win.
If you’d like an extra chance to win, you can do one of the following:
- Tweet about this giveaway;
- “Share” this giveaway on Facebook (just click the FB link at the end of the post);
- Write a post on your own blog about the giveaway, linking back to this post;
- Email a friend and CC j_chancey (AT) ladiesagainstfeminism.com
Please leave a separate comment if you do one or more of these extras. That will give you more entries in the contest!
This giveaway ends Wednesday at midnight EST, and I’ll draw the winner from all entries Thursday morning through Random.org.